Honda Vehicles Earn IIHS Top Safety Ratings
Staying safe behind the wheel is a universally important aspect of driving, no matter what kind of driver you are. Whether you’re taking a short drive across Bowling Green or heading out on a cross-country road trip, you never know what the trip might have in store for you. Gary Force Honda is proud to announce that a total of six 2021 Honda vehicles have earned recognition from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) as either a Top Safety Pick or Top Safety Pick Plus. Gary Force Honda has compiled this guide to help you learn all about the safest Honda vehicles in our lineup.
- 2021 Honda Accord – Top Safety Pick +
- 2021 Honda Insight – Top Safety Pick +
- 2021 Honda Odyssey – Top Safety Pick +
- 2021 Honda CR-V – Top Safety Pick
- 2021 Honda Civic Sedan – Top Safety Pick
- 2021 Honda Civic Hatchback – Top Safety Pick
To earn the coveted 2021 Top Safety Pick award, a vehicle must:
- receive “Good” crashworthiness ratings in all test modes, including the rigorous passenger-side small overlap test
- offer front crash prevention which earns an “Advanced” or “Superior” rating in both vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-pedestrian testing
- earn “Good” or “Acceptable” ratings for available headlights
Top Safety Pick Plus (TSP+) rated vehicles must:
- achieve the same “Good” or “Acceptable” rating for their standard headlights
All of these vehicles feature Honda Sensing® driver-assistive and safety technology as standard equipment, earning “Superior” ratings for vehicle-to-vehicle frontal crash prevention. Honda Sensing® is now available or standard on every Honda automobile model. This comprehensive suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies includes:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ with Pedestrian Detection
- Forward Collision Warning
- Road Departure Mitigation incorporating Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Keeping Assist System
- Adaptive Cruise Control
All Honda vehicles also benefit from Honda’s proprietary Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure, designed to protect occupants in a wide variety of frontal collisions, along with advanced supplemental restraint systems, including pre-tensioning front seatbelts, and front, side, knee, and side-curtain airbags.
In other news, every 2021 Honda model that was fully evaluated in the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s New Car Assessment Program received a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score (www.SaferCar.gov).
Check Out Honda’s Top Safety Picks/Top Safety Picks+ for 2021:
If you’re looking for a new sedan that’s a 2021 Top Safety Pick+, check out the Honda Accord mid-size sedans. These sedans boast the safety criteria to earn the distinct Top Safety Pick+ designation.
Kentucky families can count on the 2021 Honda Odyssey — a Top Safety Pick+ — to provide the important on-road safety and peace of mind when shopping for a new three-row family vehicle. The Honda Odyssey is designed and engineered to protect your most precious cargo at every point of every on-road journey.
Compact car buyers shopping the Honda lineup in Kentucky have another option. The 2021 Honda Insight hybrid receives top marks for its crash safety and prevention, along with its safety-enhancing standard headlights.
This spacious crossover SUV is also a Top Safety Pick for the 2021 model year. The roomy and refined CR-V features standard Honda Sensing driver-assistance features, just like other Honda vehicles on this list, adding to its stellar crash prevention capabilities.
Find Your Next Safety-Packed Honda Near Bowling Green
Gary Force Honda welcomes Kentucky drivers to discover the IIHS award-winning Honda models at our Bowling Green, KY auto dealership. You can browse our new and online before visiting us in person. Visit us at 2325 Scottsville Road, Bowling Green, KY 42104, or call us at 270-282-7877 to schedule an appointment to take a test drive!