Customer Mobility Assistance
Be informed! Honda Customer Mobility Program
Shopping for a new vehicle can be overwhelming. Did you know that Honda has a Mobility Program for drivers and passengers with physical disabilities? When you purchase or lease a new Honda vehicle, you will be provided with a reimbursement of up to $1,000 for expenses associated with the purchase and installation of aftermarket adaptive mobility equipment on any eligible vehicle. Don't let a disability stand in the way of owning the vehicle of your dreams! Get the equipment you need installed on the vehicle you want. For more information or to download an application form click here.
Honda Customer Mobility Program Specifics:
Honda suggests that you request a copy of the Department of Transportation's brochure, "Adapting Motor Vehicles for People with Disabilities." For more information, visit www.NHTSA.DOT.GOV. To search online use the following phrase, "Adapting Motor Vehicles." Review the steps of the vehicle modification process below.
- Understand your state's driver's license requirements.
- Contact the National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA) to help identify the adaptive equipment that best fits your needs.
- Select the right vehicle by collaborating with your evaluator, the vehicle modification installer, and Gary Force Honda before selecting a vehicle.
- Choose a qualified equipment installer to modify your new Honda. Research the installer's credentials, experience, references, warranty coverage, and services.
- Ensure that the installer you choose is a member of the National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA) or another organization that has established vehicle conversion standards.
- Ask for training on the use of the newly installed equipment. Your equipment dealer and evaluator should provide information and off-road instruction.
- Practice driving under the instruction of a qualified driving instructor until you both feel comfortable with your skills before getting on public roads.
Honda Customer Mobility Program Guidelines:
Honda will provide a reimbursement of up to $1,000 to each eligible, original retail client for the expenses incurred to purchase and install qualifying adaptive equipment on any eligible purchased or leased new Honda vehicle.
- To qualify for reimbursement through the Honda Customer Mobility Program, an applicant must be the original vehicle owner or lessee, and the modifications to the vehicle must be completed for that original owner or a member of the original owner's immediate family.
- The vehicle must also be a new Honda vehicle that has been purchased or leased in the United States from an authorized Honda dealer. Reimbursement will be considered only for vehicle modifications performed after February 1, 2004.
- Only one reimbursement request is allowed per vehicle. Commercial and fleet vehicles are not eligible, and written request for reimbursement must be received by Honda within six months of the adaptive equipment being installed. Additionally, adaptive equipment deemed by Honda to have altered the safety of a vehicle will not be eligible.
*For additional program guideline information and specifics click here.
Don't let your fears of car shopping stop you from making a great decision to buy a car at Gary Force Honda. Stop in, call, or email us with your desired vehicle, and we will do all the legwork for you. From the moment you walk into our showroom, you'll know our commitment to customer service is all about you. Car shopping can have a lasting memory, and we are dedicated to making it a great one! Not local? No problem! Gary Force Honda services customers in Glasgow KY, Franklin KY, Russellville KY, Scottsville KY, Elizabethtown KY, Louisville KY, Owensboro KY, Hopkinsville KY, Clarksville TN, Nashville TN and right here in our hometown of Bowling Green, KY! Check out our reviews. You won't be disappointed!